Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to stockpiling and/or sharing specific content on a web server run by a hosting provider. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's survey these. In that way, you can conclude what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to own a web page, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a service offered by particular file storage providers, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans are often supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a specific amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly mistaken interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allocate the workload between independent packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different website hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific suppliers offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share an enormous number of pics with friends or colleagues since the solution is generally free. You will get a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your e-mail aliases. Some firms provide web site hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to keep an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can open mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file generates a given amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video clips and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a problem with your web space hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to run as many videos as you would like without hassling about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to possess a site. To some extent, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting groups since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At WebHost-ing.com, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that enable you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single place. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse compared to the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are created for particular content only.